Wednesday, April 17, 2013

Activity vs Obesity

Today at Alex's school we were asked if any of the parents were willing to participate in a study on activity and children. They are trying to find 200 participants to prove that children under the age of 2 do not get enough exercise. Alex would wear an activity band around his chest for a week, but I would learn whether he's an average or below average in activity. I signed up. We'll see. I was told the study would happen over the summer.

But all day I was thinking about Alex's activity. I try to keep him active. They want to link it to child obesity which has been a hot topic. But I honestly think if Alex was wearing that band.. I would run him constantly. haha. One of the Mom's in my group says she takes her child to the park everyday.. That is awesome! She wouldn't be cheating... like I probably would.

I do find it interesting how many snacks kids eat all day and most of them have no nutrients at all. Alex is a human vacuum so I have to make sure I have snacks to keep him from eating everyone else's crackers.

So as we are sitting here watching Disney Jr. Alex did play for 3 hours at school and 2 hours at the park... So we'll watch an episode on tv. We earned it.

If you have kids, do you think they get enough exercise?

1 comment:

Living The Dream Homestead said...

My son doesn't stop moving, so yes I think he gets enough exercise ;D