Friday, November 16, 2012

Playing in the Clouds





It's a cloudy November morning.  Definitely a pj and french toast kinda day.  I had a meeting scheduled for 10:15am, but it was rescheduled to Monday.  Pjs it is!!

I keep thinking of all the pins I pin on pinterest.  How many do I actually do?  There are so many great cooking and baking recipes and activities to do with your kids that I vow to see what easy pins I can actually accomplish.  I wanted to play with my son this morning, so I was on the hunt for a pin that I had all the ingredients to.  Sure enough, I had the ingredients for Cloud Dough.

Cloud Dough: 8 cups of flour, 1 cup of baby oil. 

I've had friends make this before and tell me how fun it is.  I've felt it before and it is really soft and "cloud-like".  So I gave it a try.


At first I was nervous I did it wrong.  When I mixed it together and it was kinda gross.  But sure enough, it came out great.

I started with the recipe and then doubled it when we started having fun....



It felt like summer in the fall, a sandbox in my kitchen.  This was more pleasant than sand.  Much of it didn't stay in the box, but I wasn't worried because the pin said clean up was a breeze.



He did make quite a mess.



I checked the pin for the clean up solution.....   And there was none.....

I started to panic.  I am a mediocre house cleaner at best.  Can you vacuum flour???

So I swept it off the carpet and on to the linoleum with a broom, vacuumed the carpets, swiffered the floor,  and it was back to normal.  Clean up was easy.
Even though I find flour in the most random places now, it was a lot of fun and I'd do it again.  We have a box of clouds in our garage and the ingredients are simple enough that I can keep adding to the box I have.

No comments: