Wednesday, January 23, 2013

Bob's Last Chance Workout




I know if I don't workout in the morning, I won't get my butt to the gym.  I was suppose to go to the gym this morning, but what did I do?  I took my son to Gymboree instead.  And, yet again, I promised myself I would go to the gym after Alex's nap.

After Alex had lunch, I looked at the clock and it was 3pm.  I had the time to get to the gym.  But I looked at my son's face and just wanted to play with him instead.  So, I got a brilliant idea.  If I workout from home I would also have the time to play with my son.

A couple nights ago I was watching "The Biggest Loser" and Bob had his team do their last chance workout in the snack room from hell.  They were locked in there for 4 1/2 hours a day for a week.  Bob pulled out a deck of cards and said they were going to do their last chance workout in that room.  When he started explaining how they were going to do it, I pulled out a pen and paper.  They were in a room without workout equipment and I need ideas on how to workout from home.

So here it is:

There are four suits:

Spades - Thrusters - squatting and then lifting a folding chair over your head and bring down.

Hearts - Burpies - (I hear this is the best overall workout exercise that can be done) - touch toes, shoot legs out to a pushup position, bring legs back in, and jump up.

Diamonds - Squats

Clubs - Pushups

You flip over a card.  The number is how many you do and the suit tells you which exercise to do.
Facecards = 10
Aces = 11

I was in no need for a last chance workout, so I wasn't going to do all 52 cards.  I figured 10-20 cards would suit me.

Of course the first 5 cards were all facecards.

I did a set of 10 cards, had some water, then did another 10 cards.

The thrusters and squats were easy.... the burpies and pushups were the hard part.

After the first 10 I was winded, the next 10 I was sweating!  I wish I kept an eye on the clock to see how long it took, but it didn't take very long.

Toward the last couple cards my son started imitating the squats and he crawled under me mid-burpie, which made me laugh, but he let me do it all.  

Once I hit the 20th card I was tired.  But the prize was getting to play with this face.



We'll see if someday I can work up to the 52 cards.

But with how tired I was after not even finishing half of the workout.  I feel really bad for those contestants.  Last Chance Workout are no joke.  But, I'd definitely do these exercises again.

No comments: