Thursday, February 7, 2013

6 Months Of Blogging...

February marks is the 6 month anniversary of my blog.  I'm not a great writer by any means, it wasn't my best subject in school, I wasn't quite sure what I was going to get out this blog, but it has surprised me.

I started "A Mom's Pursuit of Happiness" with my first posting on September 10, 2012 with the original posting A Mama's Pursuit of Happiness.  I started this blog because I was told by so many people "enjoy every moment" and to be honest I had a hard time adjusting to my new role as a parent.  That didn't change until Alex turned 13 months.  I thought I was going to be one of those mothers where motherhood would come easily.  I love kids.  But it was a hard transition for me emotionally and physically.  It was a drastic change in life and it took me a full year to heal from childbirth, which made it difficult for me to fully embrace.  I found that blogging has helped me focus on the amazing aspects of being a parent and it carried me through the hard ones.  Now?  I can't get enough of Alex.  My heart aches to be away from him.  Now my job isn't to be a servant to a baby, now I'm a Mom to an amazing little boy. 

Since I started this blog, 1577 have viewed my blog.  

1414 in the United States
39 in Russia
35 in Germany
20 in New Zealand (thank you kiwi friends and family)
14 Sweden
12 South Korea
9 Malaysia
8 United Kingdom
4 in France
3 in Canada

I was really excited when my post The Truth About Pregnancy by passed my original post with 80 views, but then my post Miracles in Baby Sign Language by passed that with 85 views.  I think it may have been posted on a Sign Language blog because it happened overnight.

But, the purpose of this post, is to thank my friends and family who have LIKEd my postings, or told me positive comments about my blog.  I really appreciate it.  This blog gets me excited to do new things and actually do my pins on pinterest.  I think this blog makes me a better mother and your positive feedback helps fuel my fire.

So thank you and keep it coming.





No comments: