Monday, February 11, 2013

Liquified Super Mom Brownie Points

Was having a wonderful day.  I got the greatest compliment from a child this morning.  She said my dance class is "the reason I look forward to Mondays".  N-O-B-O-D-Y likes Mondays!!!  I was on cloud nine.

This cheery chipmunk went to McDonalds. I might as well have been singing through the drive thru as I got my coffee.  All my classes went well today. I went grocery shopping and came home.  I decided to make some chicken noodle soup because my hubby picked up an amazing rosemary olive oil loaf over the weekend and the soup sounded perfect.

I start prepping my ingredients when I remembered a pin I saw on pinterest for heart-shaped carrots.

Carving my little hearts, excitedly waiting for my hubby and son to come home, feeling like I'm earning Super Mom Brownie Points.  How can I not... with carrot hearts???

When my husband calls.

It hit me.

I pick up the phone and say, "Was I suppose to pick up Alex?!?" Our 18 month old son from daycare.

His answer was, "Yes, of course!  Did you forget?!?"

"I'm going right now!!"

My Super Mom Brownie Points started melting away as I'm grabbing my purse to run out the door.  I'm 45 minutes late to pick up my son.

Guess I can't win them all.

Picked up my son who was in good spirits.  (He's too young to realize his mom forgot him.)

Get home and finished making my chicken noodle soup.

And there they are.





The little tokens that were going to give me my Super Mom Brownie Points today.

Oh well.

At least my son liked the soup.





1 comment:

Living The Dream Homestead said...

Haha too funny! The carrot hearts are a great idea!