Monday, December 10, 2012

Fun with Finger Paints..



I gave Alex some pasta with meatballs and marinara for lunch.  He was so messy, I knew I would have to give him a bath.  I thought, is there a recipe for finger paints that I can use in the bath and give him a bath after?

Sure enough I found one!  I look for crafts where I have all of the ingredients, so this one was an easy one.





2 cups dish soap
6 tbsp corn starch
food coloring
and a muffin tin

Mixed the dish soap and corn starch in a measuring cup.



Poured it in a tin and added the food coloring...



















But, it left me with A LOT of mix left.


I only used a 1/4 of a cup.

So if I had to do it again.... the measurements I would use is:

1/2 cup dish soap
1.5 tbsp of cornstarch

That way you will not have an obscene amount leftover, but I'm sure the soap and cornstarch mixture doesn't go bad?  If you want to have a lot leftover, or if you have bigger kids who would use more, feel free to make the whole batch.

The introduction of my son to the paints...



Yes, my son is na-k-ed.  Sorry for the X-rated pictures.. haha.  (But he was going to take a bath!  He may kill me in 15 years, oh well.)  Course, kids could be in swimsuits as well.

Starting to realize what to do...


And he digs in...

Doing well....



And gets a little creative...


It was a hit....



To clean up... Alex got a bubble bath...  just add water...


My husband scrubbing the tub with a rag... he's so handy....


The food coloring did come off easy and the tub got a cleaned.  I did give Alex a second bath.

The paints were great!  The only other disclaimer is, dish soap can get slippery, so if you use a bigger batch, keep an eye on your kids.  But it was a lot of fun!!!



No comments: