Sunday, December 9, 2012

Happiness and Good Fortune...



I've been doing a lot of soul searching recently and trying to find the meaning of life. I've been trying to find balance and find what makes me happy.

Last night I was at my husband's work holiday party. It was at the Ronald Reagan Presidential Library. They had an amazing array of food stations, I wanted some Asian food, so that's what we enjoyed. Of course we had to grab some fortune cookies.

This is what my fortune read:




What kind of fortune is that? It taught me how to say 'jump' in Chinese?

Well then I flipped it over..



How profound!  Happiness can never be achieved if we always want what we can't have. Happiness can be found in appreciating what we do have.

I was having a moment appreciating my good fortune.

Until I read my husband's...



What the!?!?  All of a sudden I wanted my husband's fortune and wasn't appreciating the fortune I had.  I guess my new lesson didn't last long.

But hey! Look at what I won during the raffle...







I guess someone has some good fortune after all.

But going back to my fortune.  I agree.  If we spend more time appreciating what we have rather than lusting over what we want, a great deal of happiness can be derived from it.

I wish you all happiness and good fortune.  Have a wonderful holiday season!

No comments: