Sunday, September 23, 2012

Remember the Past, Live for the Present, and Dream of the Future.



One day I came across a ceramic angel while I was shopping at Ross.  On the angel's dress it said, "Remember the past, Live for the Present, and Dream of the Future."

I thought, "how amazing??"  I find myself focusing too much on my past, not enough on the present, and I tend to forget to dream of the future.  This little angel was exactly what I needed. 

I kept the angel in our main bathroom.  I wanted to see her often as well as anyone who came to visit our home.  I wish I had taken a picture of her cause one day I knocked her over and the her wings fell off.  I was so distraught.  But, she still looked like a woman with a wonderful message on her dress, so I kept her.  The breakage wasn't noticeable. 

Until the day I knocked her over again. 

She went head first into the sink and her head fell off.

That was it. The end of my angel. I was so sad.

But the message remains.  "Remember the Past, Live for the Present and Dream of the Future."  Something I'm working on daily.  I hope I can one day find another angel, just like her, to remind me of what is important.

No comments: