Saturday, March 9, 2013

Heart Shaped Cinnamon Rolls

In planning for Valentine's Day, I saw heart shaped cinnamon roll on Pinterest. I thought it was adorable and should be easy, so I picked up a can of Pillsbury rolls. I love that Pillsbury offers a half sized can so I don't have to make a whole dozen for my small family. I know a dozen cinnamon rolls wouldn't last a day around me.

As luck would have it I got strep throat on Valentine's Day.  So here it is, the month of March.  I know I have to use these rolls at some point, so I decided today was the day.  I pulled out the rolls, I turned on the oven, and searched for my pin on Pinterest.

Then I realized in.  The pin on Pinterest were for cinnamon rolls from scratch.  I have my can of cinnamon rolls like the anti-Betty Crocker.

Here is the link for the heart shaped rolls from scratch:  Think About it Thursday

I decide to go for it anyway. I pull out a 13x9 pan. I unrolled the rolls and shaped them into hearts. They still came out cute. They were also super fast and easy.





My son's eyes lite up when I gave him some and I handed my hubby a roll on a plate.




I asked Zach, "What did you think of the heart shaped cinnamon rolls?." He answered, "They were heart shaped?" I guess a man's stomach overrides his eyes.  These would be great to make with kids and I recommend informing your hubby they are heart shaped BEFORE they get consumed. :D

Happy Baking!



No comments: